First thing’s first, there are NO frogs in this Jam… It stands for Figs, Raspberries, Oranges, and Ginger… and it is a wickedly good combination. The colors often vary and it has a texture kinda like berry preserve and marmalade.
Sometimes I like to add a small squirt of green food coloring just to make things interesting.
I often eat a good smear of this on a nutri-grain waffle… mo healthy!
F.R.O.G. Jam - It's Delicious
Author: Allen Prunty
F.R.O.G. = Figs, Raspberries, Oranges, and Ginger
- 3 oranges juiced
- 2 (3 oz) packages of raspberry gelatin
- 4 cups mashed ripe figs
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 TBS. orange zest
- 4 TBS. fresh ginger, finely diced
- Over medium heat, stir OJ and gelatin until dissolved.
- Add chopped figs, sugar, orange zest and ginger. Let come to boil on med heat,
- reduce to low, stirring often. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Pour into sterilized jars, seal and place in canner filled with hot water. Process 15 minutes.