Nothing is healthier for lunch than a good bowl of soup. I made this to bring to work today for lunch. It’s excellent pared with my Chicken Salad on Deli thins for bread. Soup is something that has a high water content and is easily digestible. It can be eaten year round and there are literally thousands of varieties of soup.
This particular soup can have any kind of squash, onions, beans at hand, peas, greens or whatever else you can think of it. The variations on the recipe are endless.
Desert is a nice Fuji Apple and a touch of salt. Can’t get any better than this. Click read more for the recipe.
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup diced peeled red potato
- ½ cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- ½ cup chopped peeled tomato
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the next eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in celery leaves and tomato paste. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.