Hopefully someday soon we will see some peaches or apples from our CSA. This sounds like a winner of a recipe. I’m sure it will delight your family. I have baked things like this on our gas grill to avoid heating the oven… just watch your temp and check often… your mileage may vary.
Have a great fourth CSA Friends
- 4 Apples peeled & sliced (or peaches, pears, berries or other fruit)
- ½ C Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (if it compliments your fruit)
- ½ tsp Nutmeg (if it compliments your fruit)
- vanilla to taste (optional)
- ½ C Water
- Tortilla’s (flour) 6? size
- Oil (for frying tortillas)
- ½ c sugar-cinnamon mixture
- Whipped cream
- Place apples (or peaches, pears, berries, etc), sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water in a sauce pan.
- Stir until well blended and cover and cook on medium stirring frequently For 10 minutes or until apples are semi soft. If needed, thicken sauce using 1 Tbl of cornstarch to 3-4 Tbl of water.
- Note: Cinnamon and Nutmeg may not work with berries or other fruit. Feel free to use any other complimentary fruit or add vanilla if necessary.
- Mix into sauce and stir until thickened. Heat oil on medium heat in a skillet and holding the tortilla folded in half, place the bottom on tortilla in the oil for a few seconds.
- Then lay it on one side until browned and then place other side down until browned. Remove from oil and Sprinkle browned tortilla with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Fill taco shells with apple pie filling and top with whipped cream, and sprinkle a little more of sugar-cinnamon mixture on top.
- Let it "set" on an upside down muffin tin.